Sunday, May 12, 2013

I will

Time doesn't remember how to get you here,
Where you were before.
Over and over, the mountain grows back up,
To keep us apart from one another.
Days of trying and trying to find you,
Wishing you would find me again.
Watching the pink petals and open hearts,
Knowing the truth in the celebration.
I knew who I would help you be,
And how I would hope for you.
And now, that is all I do,
Hope against hope against hope.
Time is forgetful in its empty hours of waiting,
Just sitting by, watching itself tick away.
I will run after you like a traveler missing a train,
With a destination that becomes the journey.
I will remember when time forgets.
I will hope, when I have forgotten how to try.
I will wait until there are no more hours.
I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment